The Best Vegan Pea Soup
I created this spring vegan pea soup in collaboration with Coyuchi to celebrate this lush season. It’s super easy to put together and is loaded with bright fresh springtime flavors, including fresh mint, lemon zest, and creamy coconut milk to round it off. I was so inspired by these flavors I had to make a video of this recipe for my youtube channel, which you can watch below.
Fresh or Frozen Peas
You can use either fresh or frozen green peas as the base of this delicious and simple soup. It is so easy and quick to prepare for a nutritious lunch or dinner an day of the week.
To clean leeks remove the outer leaves then slice them into thin rings and submerge them in a bowl of water. Use your hands to agitate the leeks and water which will shake loose and remove any sand from the leeks. Then let them sit and float to the top of the water. Give them a minute so that the sand will fall to the bottom of the bowl. Then scoop out the leeks carefully as to not disturb the sediment that has fallen to the bottom of the bowl. Dry the cleaned leeks in a towel.
What to Serve with Fresh Pea Soup
- Guinness Brown Bread
- Vegan Biscuit Recipe (Gluten-Free Option)
- Homemade Artisan Sourdough Bread Recipe
- Sourdough Soda Bread
- Vegan Skillet Cornbread
- Vegan Irish Soda Bread
More Delicious Soups and Stews
- Easy Vegan Roasted Buttercup Squash Soup Recipe
- Nourishing Vegan Mung Dal Stew Recipe
- Vegan Pumpkin Lentil Stew
Love This Recipe?
Please leave a star-rating review of the recipe and let me know what you think in a comment below. This small act is a great way to show your support for the food blogs you read and love.
Tag @fareisle in your photos on Instagram with #fareisle so I can see your creations!
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pea shoots loosely packed
- Heat saucepan on medium-high heat. When the pan is hot add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sauté leeks and garlic until slightly browned about 3 minutes.
- While peas are cooking, sear mushrooms in olive oil in a hot skillet. Season them with a pinch of salt after they are browned on both sides.
- When peas are cooked purée soup with mint and parsley leaves in a blender and then return soup to the pot and let it come to a simmer. Remove from heat and serve hot.
- Serve soup in bowls topped with fresh coconut milk, seared mushrooms, and fresh mint leaves and/or pea shoots to garnish.
- Store soup in a covered container int he refrigerator and use within 3 days. Reheat to serve.
- Bunapi mushrooms can be swapped with enoki, shiitake, or button mushrooms.
- Nutrion Facts do not include the optional toppings.