I shared these yummy baked sweets stuffed with edamame, pomegranate seeds and a delicious nutrient packed kale-hemp seed pesto over on Coyuchi!
scroll for recipe…
Nourishing Baked Stuffed Sweets with Kale and Hemp Seed Pesto
Yield 4 servings
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup packed kale leaved, washed and veins removed
- 1/4 cup packed parsley or cilantro leaves, washed
- 1/3 cup hulled raw hemp seeds
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper or pinch of ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup steamed and shelled edamame
- fresh pomegranate seeds
- chopped fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- Bake sweet potatoes on foil at 425˚F for 30-40 minutes until fork tender.
- Meanwhile lightly steam kale leaves for a several minutes to reduce any bitterness they might have (not necessary for baby kale leaves). Add lightly steamed kale, parsley, hemp seeds, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper to a food process and pulse to finely mince leaves. With food processor running, slowly add oil until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- When sweet potatoes are done baking, split them with a knife and stuff them with steamed edamame, tomatoes, avocado and pomegranate seeds. Top with pesto and drizzle with aged balsamic vinegar. Garnish with a sprinkle of hemp seeds and some fresh herb leaves.
- Serve immediately.
Store extra pesto in an airtight container refrigerated for up to 1 week or freeze for later use for up to 6 months.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @fareisle on Instagram and hashtag it #fareisle.