Thank you Rio Luna Organic Peppers for sponsoring this post!
This one's for the sports fans. This one is also for the folks like me who can do without the actual sports part of a Game Day watch party but can definitely get down with snack table. Hello, welcome. I've partnered with my friends at Rio Luna Organics to bring you these Loaded Tex-Mex Sweet Potato Fries that will make all of your snack dreams come true. Think nachos but with delicious sweet earthy sweet potato fries as the base. The natural sweetness of the potatoes compliments the spicy savory toppings and creaminess of the melted cheese. Game. Set. Match made in heaven.
scroll for recipe...
Layers of Flavor
These homemade baked sweet potato fries are yummy on their own, but become extra amazing and addictively delicious when loaded up with big bold Tex-Mex flavors. We start with classic black beans and corn, then add sharp, sweet red onion and mild, earthy Rio Luna Organic Diced Green Chiles, and generously cover it all in shredded pepper jack cheese. Pop it in the oven until the pepper jack is melted and bubbling and then load on some more flavor: zesty pico de gallo salsa, creamy cooling avocado, bright fresh cilantro and lime, and last but not least Rio Luna Organic Nacho Sliced Jalapeños to bring the heat.
For the Love of Peppers
Rio Luna Organics have been crafting the highest quality organic peppers and chiles that are certified organic, GMO-free, kosher, fat free, low
calorie and cholesterol free. They add flavor to any dish and the new labels feature a special heat index meter so you know how much heat you're adding. I love that Rio Luna takes care in using sustainable practices like high efficiency lighting, reduced natural gas usage, reduced water usage through drip irrigation, recycling initiatives and optimizing crop rotation. Grab a can of Rio Luna Organics diced green chiles or spicy jalapeño peppers next time your at the grocery store and unlock the power of pepper in your next meal.
Loaded Tex-Mex Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 4 oz. can of Rio Luna Diced Green Chiles drained
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- ¼ cup salsa
- ½ of an avocado cubed
- Rio Luna Nacho Sliced Jalapeños to taste
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- lime wedges to serve on the side
- Preheat oven to 425˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim ends of sweet potatoes and cut into ½" thick strips.
- Dump sweet potato strips onto the baking sheet and coat with olive oil and salt. Spread fries out into a single layer.
- Bake at 425˚F for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile prep toppings. Drain Rio Luna Diced Green Chiles in a strainer. Shred cheese, slice red onion, cut avocado and lime, and pick cilantro leaves.
- When fries are done transfer them to a parchment lined baking dish and top with black beans, corn, Rio Luna Diced Green Chiles and cheese.
- Bake at 425˚F for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with salsa, avocado, Rio Luna Nacho Sliced Jalapeños, and cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges and enjoy immediately.
Be sure to follow Rio Luna Organic Peppers on Facebook and Instagram to learn how to unlock the power of peppers and to discover recipes and entertainment tips! Available for purchase at Whole Foods nationwide, and for my Massachusetts followers you can also visit Shaws and Hannaford.
This post was in collaboration with and sponsored by Rio Luna Organics. All content and opinions expressed here are my own. Read more about my sponsored post and affiliate policy here.