Way back in June I sent this recipe off to a would-be project that never came to be… so on a positive note I at least get to share it here with you!!!
Keeping it shot and sweet today becasue I have a little down with the stomach flu. blahhhhh. It’s the pits. Hoping to get a chocolate bark tutorial and a gingerbread cut-out recipe up before xmas too, but if not I will post them shortly after. Let’s keep the holiday cheer flowing anyway, right?!!
But if you don’t hear from me before the weekend, I wish you all peace and love and light this holiday season and in every season. I’m so thankful for my readers and instagram friendsies. If you try any of the recipes here please leave a comment, I love to hear your feedback and always respond.
Peace + Love,
More Easy Vegan Recipes
- Vegan Chocolate Cake with Whipped Coconut Ganache Frosting
- Lemon Berries & Cream Slice Cake – Raw Vegan
- Recipe: Pickled Raw Beet Carpaccio with Raw Nut Ricotta
- Recipe: Raw Vegan Key Lime Bars
- Vegan Strawberry Jam Ice Cream (Dairy Free)
Love This Recipe?
Please leave a star rating of the recipe and let me know what you think in a comment below. This small act is a great way to show your support for the food blogs you read and love.
Tag @fareisle in your photos on Instagram with #fareisle so I can see your creations!
Easy Raw Vegan Coconut Macaroons Recipe
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2/3 cup freeze-dried whole raspberries
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 3/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 10 whole tiny mint leaves
- 3/4 teaspoons almond extract
- 2/3 cups freeze-dried whole raspberries
- 10 whole almonds or almond slices
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until mixture comes together into a ball.
- At this point you can form mixture into rounded tablespoons as is or add in flavorings.
- Roll the mixture into balls and refrigerate them in an airtight container.
- Add raw cacao powder to 1/3 of the base macaroon recipe and pulse together in food processor until evenly incorporated.
- Take a rounded tablespoon of the mixture and flatten into a disc in your palm. Place a freeze-dried raspberry in the center of disc and form into a ball.
- Crush some of the freeze-dried raspberries and sprinkle over the top of each macaroon, and top with raw cacao nibs.
- Add mint extract to the 1/3 of the base macaroon recipe and pulse together in food processor until evenly incorporated.
- Form into rounded tablespoons and top with a baby mint leaf.
- Take a rounded tablespoon of the mixture and flatten into a disc in you palm. Place a freeze-dried raspberry in the center of disc and form into a ball.
- Crush some of the freeze-dried raspberries and sprinkle over the top of each macaroon, and/or top with a whole almond or almond slices.
- Store raw macaroons in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Freeze macaroons on a sheet pan then transfer them to a freezer bag for longer storage. They can be frozen for up to 3 months. Eat the frozen or thaw them in the refrigerator.
- Get creative and mix in other flavorings or optionally dip or coat macaroons into melted dark chocolate for an extra decadent treat.