Summer vibes coming your way today care of this scrummy lemon berries and cream slice cake. Velvety smooth cashew-coconut based lemon cream is sandwiched between an extra-almondy crust (thanks to the addition of almond extract) and juicy sweet summer berries. Best eaten cold and oh so refreshing!
This beauty is perfect for afternoon snack or tea, obvi as dessert (and totally ok as breakfast if you’re like me!) and a total show stopper at parties! I served this in bite sized pieces for a clients party last week and everyone raved about it. I mean who doesn’t love berries and cream?!
Check out the video on my YouTube channel below! If you like please give a like, comment and subscribe to my channel to be notified as soon as new videos are posted. Would love some love over there!
recipe after the jump…
More Delicious Vegan bars and treats
- Easy Raw Vegan Coconut Macaroons Recipe
- Raw Vegan Key Lime Bars
- The Best Vegan Brownies with Aquafaba
- Vegan Peanut Butter S’mores Bars
- Vegan Rhubarb Curd Bars
- Vegan Apple Cinnamon Oatcake Bars with Easy Faux Salted Cararmel Sauce
- Vegan Rice Krispy Treats with Tahini and Dark Chocolate
Love This Recipe?
Please leave a star-rating review of the recipe and let me know what you think in a comment below. This small act is a great way to show your support for the food blogs you read and love.
Tag @fareisle in your photos on Instagram with #fareisle so I can see your creations!
Raw Cookie Crust
- 1/2 cup raw almonds or almond meal
- 6 large medjool dates pitted
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut or shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Raw Cheesecake Filling
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked for at least 2 hours to overnight and drained
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk homemade or canned
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup young coconut meat from 1 young coconut, or 1/4 cup raw virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup fresh berries sliced if large
- 1/4 cup edible flower petals optional
- Blend all of the cheesecake filling ingredients until smooth and creamy in a high speed blender.
- Spread the filling over the crust and smooth top with a rubber spatula.
- Arrange berries and flower petals on top of the layer of filling.
- Cover the pan with a lid or plastic wrap and freeze the cheesecake until it's solid for 8 hours or overnight.
- Let the cheesecake sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Cut the cheesecake into 12 bars and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Store leftover cake covered in freezer until ready to eat. It will keep frozen for up to 3 months.
- Maple syrup can be substituted with coconut nectar syrup or agave syrup.
- Green/young/jelly coconuts are larger and have the husk intact as shown in the photo above. They are mainly used for coconut water. You may also find young Thai coconuts that have been husked in the refrigerated section at your market. These are easier to open. Do not use a mature coconut (husked with hard dark inner shell) as the meat will be too hard.
- If you can’t find young coconuts you can use 1/4 cup raw virgin coconut oil instead of the young coconut meat.