Thank you Rio Luna Organic Peppers for sponsoring this post!
Who’s excited for the new decade?! I still can’t believe it’s almost 2020. Crazy days. I’ve got the perfect bubbly cocktail to help ring in the new decade… this Sparkling Jalapeño Pear Punch is festive and sweet with a spicy kick.
scroll for recipe…
This Sparkling Jalapeño Pear Punch cocktail comes together in minutes and is perfect for a party. Look for bottled pear nectar to save time from juicing pears. This drink gets a nice spicy kick from jalapeño simple syrup made with Rio Luna Organic Diced Jalapeños. Mix together the pear nectar with the spicy jalapeño simple syrup then spike with with your favorite vodka and a bottle of champagne or prosecco. Garnish with Rio Luna Organic Nacho Sliced Jalapeños, fresh pear slices and mint leaves then enjoy with friends.
Rio Luna brings you the highest quality organic peppers and chiles that have been favored by professional chefs for years. Their new labels feature a special heat index meter so you can easily gauge how much heat you want to add your recipes and dishes.
Working together with trusted growers, Rio Luna Organics produces the highest quality peppers while utilizing key sustainable farming practices like drip irrigation, recycling initiatives and crop rotation.
Pick up a can of Rio Luna Organic Chiles and Peppers next time your at the grocery store to unlock the power of peppers in your kitchen!
Sparkling Jalapeño Pear Punch
- 25.4 fl. oz. 750 mL pear nectar
- 1/2 cup jalapeño simple syrup see recipe below
- 12 fl. oz. 355 mL vodka
- 1 25.4 fl. oz. 750 mL bottle of prosecco, champagne or sparkling wine
- fresh pear slices for garnish
- Rio Luna Nacho Sliced Jalapeños for garnish
- Mint leaves for garnish
- In a pitcher stir together pear nectar, jalapeño simple syrup and vodka. This can be done early in the day and refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Just before serving pour in the bottle of prosecco/champagne/sparkling wine.
- Pour over ice in cocktail glasses and garnish with fresh pear slices, Rio Luna Nacho Sliced Jalapeños and mint leaves.
Jalapeño Simple Syrupprint recipe
- 1/2 cup 118 mL water
- 1/2 cup 99 g granulated sugar
- 1 4 oz can of Rio Luna Diced Jalapeños
- Add everything to a small sauce pan and heat over medium heat, stirring until all of sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, cover and let cool to room temperature, then pour mixture through a strainer into a jar and discard jalapeños.
- Store simple syrup in a sealed jar or bottle refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Be sure to follow Rio Luna Organic Peppers on Facebook and Instagram to learn how to unlock the power of peppers and to discover recipes and entertainment tips! Available for purchase at Whole Foods nationwide, and for my Massachusetts followers you can also visit Shaws and Hannaford.
This post was in collaboration with and sponsored by Rio Luna Organics. All content and opinions expressed here are my own. Read more about my sponsored post and affiliate policy here.
Join the conversation