Served warm or cold this hearty fall harvest bulgur salad is just the thing to use up that end of summer-early fall produce. Swap out the veggies for whatever you have from the garden or farm stand.
More Easy Salad Recipes
- Blood Orange, Roasted Beet, Lentil & Barley Salad – Vegan
- Summer Tomato Corn and Peach Salad
- Winter Rainbow Salad Stuffed Roasted Butternut Squash
- Vegan Roasted Delicata Squash Salad with Orange Maple Vinaigrette
Love This Recipe?
Please leave a star rating of the recipe and let me know what you think in a comment below. This small act is a great way to show your support for the food blogs you read and love.
Tag @fareisle in your photos on Instagram with #fareisle so I can see your creations!
Vegan Fall Harvest Bulgur Wheat Salad
This easy and delicious hearty fall salad is the prefect way to use up late season produce. Make it ahead for easy packed lunches for the week or serve it with our favorite protein for a complete meal.print recipe pin recipe
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 cups cooked bulgur wheat cooked according to package, cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup chopped onion 1/2″ pieces
- 1 cup quartered crimini mushrooms
- 1 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1 cup cubed golden beets 1/2″ pieces
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Maple Dijon Dressing
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Coat beets, onions, and mushrooms in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast beets, onions and mushrooms at 425˚F for about 15-20 minutes until beets are fork tender fork tender and onions are caramelized.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350˚F. Toast seeds on a baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a mason jar, seal tightly with lid and shake vigorously until everything is combined and emulsified. Wrap jar in a towel before shaking as a precaution.
- Place cooked and cooled bulgur wheat in a salad bowl. Top with cooked veggies, halved grapes, toasted seeds and chopped herbs. Pour dressing over salad and toss. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper to taste if wanted.
- Serve at room temperature or chill in refrigerator, covered, until ready to serve.
- Store salad in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days.
- Optionally add chickpeas for more protein.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 0.002g | Sodium: 474mg | Potassium: 498mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 192IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg
Join the conversation