Here’s another cozy winter recipe I shared on the Coyuchi blog as a guest blogger. These spiced oat pecan currant crumb muffins are perfect for chilly mornings and tucking into packed lunches for a special treat.
Made with whole grains, these muffins are hearty and sweet with a mouth watering crumb topping, and are sure to reached for by little and big hands alike.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Easy Vegan Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- Vegan Wild Blueberry & Huckleberry Muffins
- Pecan Streusel Spiced Sweet Potato Muffins – Vegan
- Recipe: Vegan Strawberry Rhubarb Wheat Bran Crumb Top Muffins
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread Recipe – Vegan Option
- Blueberry Lemon Scones
- Vegan Irish Soda Bread Scones
Love This Recipe?
Please leave a star rating of the recipe and let me know what you think in a comment below. This small act is a great way to show your support for the food blogs you read and love.
Tag @fareisle in your photos on Instagram with #fareisle so I can see your creations!
- 210 g white whole wheat flour 1-1/2 cups, or whole wheat pastry flour
- 50 g whole cane sugar 1/4 cup, or coconut sugar or granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon flax meal
- 120 g unsweetened non-dairy milk 1/2 cup
- 113 g maple syrup 1/3 cup
- 66 g extra-light olive oil 1/3 cup, or any neutral tasting oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 40 g rolled oats 1/2 cup
- 60 g pecan pieces 1/2 cup
- 100 g raisins 1/2 cup, or currants
- 35 g white whole wheat flour 1/4 cup, or whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons whole cane sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons raw virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons pecan pieces
- 2 teaspoons water
- 12 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Grease or line with paper baking cups a standard 12-cup muffin tin.
- Prepare crumb topping by combing all ingredients together with fingers until pea sized crumbles form. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Peel and mash bananas with a fork in another bowl. Whisk together milk and flax meal until frothy, about 1 minute and then add to mashed banana. Add maple syrup, oil and vanilla to mashed banana and mix until combined.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir to combine. Fold in rolled oats, pecans and raisins.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin tin. Top each muffin with a spoonful of the crumb topping. Stick a whole pecan on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 400˚F for 20 minutes, until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into center of muffins comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 1 minute. Then run a butter knife around muffins to release them from the pan. Cool muffins on a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Muffins will keep covered at room temperature for 3 days or sealed in a freezer safe container/bag and frozen for up to 6 months.