If you follow me on Instagram you’ve probably seen my prolific sandwich grams. Yes, I’m a sammie spammer. Up until recently, I would make tofu salad with store-bought vegenaise, and upon inspecting the ingredients I thought, “I can totally make this and make it taste better” (confident much?) and so I did just that. One of my favorite sandwiches growing up was my mom’s tuna salad made with celery, parsley, onion, lemon and mayo (and potato chips layered in the sammie of course). This is the only thing I eat mayo in but I can see many uses for this stuff, which I can actually taste by itself, unlike real mayo. I’m thinking creamy dressings-maybe a vegan caesar, definitely potato salad, and coleslaw.
Easy Vegan Mayo
- 1 cup extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbs brown rice syrup
- 2 Tbs raw apple cider vinegar
- Juice from 1/2 of lemon 1-2 Tbs
- 1/4 tsp ground yellow mustard seed
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Blend everything together on high until smooth and creamy.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.