Thank you Tommy’s Superfoods for sponsoring this post!
This is a final post in series featuring the full range of Tommy’s Superfoods wonderful seasoned frozen veggies blends. The last two blends in their range that I’m talking about today are their Broccoli Remix and Cauliflower & Green Beans. Like all of their varieties, each of these are full of flavor, have high-nutritional value, and are ready to eat in 10 minutes or less. All of their blends are great on their own or added to dishes like I’ve done here.
I am a huge fan of winter squash and pumpkin and love it simply roasted with olive oil, salt and pepper and maybe a splash of maple syrup to bring out its sweetness. Tommy’s Cauliflower and Green Beans blend was a perfect stuffing to fill the naturally created roasted squash bowl. Fall flavors come together nicely in this dish and the addition of pistachios adds a little crunch and extra protein to the meal.
Tommy’s Broccoli Remix is a delightful mix of bright fresh broccoli, green chickpeas and yellow peppers. I was excited to see green chickpeas, which are fresh chickpeas, in this mix. I’ve only ever had them once before and they are so good! I decided to add the Broccoli Remix blend to a nourishing quinoa bowl with a very simple red cabbage slaw on the side for a delicious and satisfying one bowl meal.
It’s been a blast partnering with Tommy’s on these posts. I hope you’ve enjoyed learning more about this amazing plant-based company and hopefully have had a chance to try their yummy veggies blends on your own. I think it’s great to have sustainable nutritious options like Tommy’s Superfoods available and accessible for all diets. Visit Tommy’s to learn more about their philosophy, tips and tricks to reduce food waste and eat more sustainably, and to find many more healthy recipe ideas for their veggie blends!
Scroll down for recipes…
- 1 bag of Tommy's Superfoods Cauliflower & Green Beans
- 1 small winter squash such as ambercup buttercup or acorn
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup optional
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup shelled unsalted pistachios
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds. Brush cut sides with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and drizzle evenly with maple syrup. Season with kosher salt and black pepper .
- Bake squash cut side up on a sheet pan until browned and fork tender, about 25 minutes.
- Heat up Tommy's Cauliflower and Green Beans according to package instructions while squash bakes.
- Remove squash from oven and fill with heated veggies. Sprinkle with pistachios and serve right away.
- 1 bag of Tommy's Superfoods Broccoli Remix
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- cilantro leaves for garnish
- Rinse quinoa well and add to a saucepan. Add water and salt and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook until water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes. Remove lid and fluff cooked quinoa with a fork.
- Meanwhile heat Tommy's Broccoli Remix according to package instructions.
- Toss shredded cabbage with olive oil, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide quinoa, Broccoli Remix, and cabbage equally between two bowls and garish with lime slices and cilantro. Serve right away.
This post was in collaboration with and sponsored by Tommy’s Superfoods. All content and opinions expressed here are my own. Read more about my sponsored post and affiliate policy here.