Thank you Amy’s for sponsoring this post. #StartWithAmys this Soup Season.
Soup season has arrived and I don’t know about you but I’m so ready for cozy fall meals to grace our table once again. That means lots of hearty soups and stews with rustic, comforting pairings for our family dinners. Soup and bread have gone together since, well, forever and I’m excited to share with you the recipe for our family’s favorite Vegan Garlic Bread to accompany Amy’s Rustic Italian Vegetable Soup.
A good soup takes time to develop flavors and I’ve always found that my homemade soups taste even better the next day. Amy’s knows a good soup is made slowly with the best ingredients, and they rely on slow simmering to create thick soups and creamy sauces instead of using a lot of added starches or thickeners. That’s why Amy’s Kitchen Soups are great to have on hand in your pantry to reach for on busy fall days. Amy’s soups are hearty and flavorful and with dozens of varieties, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
This rustic vegan garlic bread is over-the-top delicious and made with roasted garlic, herbs and spices and a homemade hemp seed “parmesan” to top it all off. It’s the perfect pairing for Amy’s Rustic Vegetable Soup, which is layered with traditional Italian flavors from chickpeas, vegetables, brown rice, mushrooms and herbs. This soup and garlic bread combo is a wonderfully cozy meal for cool fall evenings after a long day of school or work and is so quick and easy to create.
Scroll down for the vegan garlic bread recipe and be sure to check out Amy’s for more delicious fall soup pairings.
Recipe list after the jump…
Vegan Garlic Bread
Yield 4 servings
This rustic vegan garlic bread is over-the-top delicious and made with roasted garlic, herbs and spices and a homemade hemp seed “parmesan” to top it all off. It’s the perfect fall/winter pairing for hearty soups and stews.
- 1/2 of baguette
- 1 whole bulb of garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon hulled hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Layer two sheets of tin-foil.
- Cut garlic bulb in half crosswise. Place each half cut side up on tin-foil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Wrap tin-foil tightly around garlic and roast in oven for about 20 minutes until garlic is soft. Remove garlic from oven, unwrap tin foil and let it cool slightly before squeezing roasted garlic from cloves into a small bowl.
- Add softened vegan butter, remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, black pepper, parsley, and red pepper flakes to roasted garlic and stir until combined, mashing garlic out with the back of the spoon as you stir.
- Add hemp seeds, nutritional yeast, lemon zest and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt to a mortar and pestle and crush everything together to create a vegan “parmesan”.
- Cut baguette in half lengthwise and generously spread each cut side with the garlic butter mixture. Sprinkle the hemp seed “parmesan” liberally over each piece of baguette.
- Set oven to broil and place rack at top 1/3 of oven. Place baguette pieces on a baking sheet and broil until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Keep an eye on it while it’s broiling to make sure it doesn’t burn. When the garlic bread is done, remove from oven and cut into smaller slices.
- Serve hot with Amy’s Soups for a delicious rustic fall meal. Best eaten hot from oven. Garlic butter and hemp seed “parmesan” can be made ahead of time and stored in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week before use.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @fareisle on Instagram and hashtag it #fareisle.