Thank you Rio Luna Organic Peppers for sponsoring this post!
With New Year’s Eve right around the corner I thought I’d share some delicious bubbly festive drinks with you to ring in 2020. Wow 2020. As a proud member of the “Oregon Trail Generation” (woohoo 1982) I still swear the 80’s were only 15 years ago. Anyway I’m looking forward to the next decade and living my best life in my fast approaching 40’s. This spicy Green Chile Tangerine Blissini will surely help.
scroll for recipe…
This Green Chile Tangerine Blissini is an easy-drinking cocktail that is a riff on a mimosa crossed with a Bellini. It’s suitable for midnight NYE toasts as well as Sunday brunch. This drink has a mild kick thanks to Rio Luna Organics Diced Green Chiles, which are infused into fresh tangerine or clementine juice. Top it off with bubbly prosecco or champagne and a little garnish of fresh chiles, a clementine slice and fresh mint and you’re good to go.
Rio Luna Organic Peppers are always certified organic, GMO-free, kosher, fat free, low calorie and cholesterol free and their new labels feature a special heat index meter so you know how much heat you’re adding to a recipe or dish. Their Organic Diced Green Chiles used in this drink impart a mild heat with incredible green chile flavor. On top of perfecting the production of these quality organic peppers, Rio Luna takes care to utilize sustainable farming practices and works hand-in-hand growers to manage the process of annual seed selection and cultivation.
Green Chile Tangerine Blissini Cocktail
Yield 8 servings
A spicy vibrant bubbly drink that is perfect for New Year's Eve celebrations or Sunday brunch.
- 2 cups (16 fl. oz or 473 mL) tangerine or clementine juice
- 1 4 oz. can of Rio Luna Diced Green Chiles
- 1 25.4 fl. oz. (750 mL) bottle of prosecco, chilled
- clementine slices for garnish
- fresh green Thai chile slices for garnish
- fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Open can of Rio Luna Diced Green Chiles and add contents to tangerine juice in a jar or pitcher. Let the green chiles infuse into the juice for 1 hour in the refrigerator. This step can be done up to 1 day ahead.
- Pour juice and chiles through a strainer into a jar or pitcher and discard chiles.
- Pour 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz. or 60 mL) of the infused juice into each champagne flute then top each glass with prosecco.
- Garnish with a clementine slice, fresh green chile slices and mint leaves and serve immediately.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @fareisle on Instagram and hashtag it #fareisle.
Be sure to follow Rio Luna Organic Peppers on Facebook and Instagram to learn how to unlock the power of peppers and to discover recipes and entertainment tips! Available for purchase at Whole Foods nationwide, and for my Massachusetts followers you can also visit Shaws and Hannaford.
This post was in collaboration with and sponsored by Rio Luna Organics. All content and opinions expressed here are my own. Read more about my sponsored post and affiliate policy here.