Crunchy ooey gooey sweet and nutty vegan scotcheroos made with tahini and dark chocolate. Think classic rice krispy treats but all grown up!
- Heat brown rice syrup, tahini, maple syrup, 4 tablespoons coconut oil, and sea salt in a saucepan on medium heat until everything melts together. Mixture does not need to bubble.
- Pour syrup mixture over cereal in a large bowl and fold together until cereal is evenly coated.
- Spread cereal mixture into a parchment lined 13×9” deep sided pan. Set at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
- Melt chocolate and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Pour melted chocolate over cereal and spread evenly with a rubber spatula. Optionally sprinkle top with a pinch of flaky sea salt or finishing salt like our Fare Isle Nantucket Wild Rose Fleur de Sel. Let chocolate set at room temperature for 30 minutes or refrigerate for 10-15 minutes until firm.
- Lift Scotcheroos out of pan using the parchment paper. Cut into 24 squares and serve.
Scotcheroos will keep in a covered container at room temperature for up to a week.