Delicious crispy pan-fried tofu in a sweet-chili sauce is a quick and easy and vegan dinner you can make in under 15 minutes!
- 1 16 oz block of pressed extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup cornstarch/cornflour (organic non-GMO
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1 red chile pepper such as cayenne, with most of seeds removed
- 1/2 of a sweet red pepper, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons low sodium tamari/soy sauce/aminos
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon siracha or ketchup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 scallions
- Cut tofu into 1” cubes and dredge with cornstarch.
- Puree everything else except for olive oil in a blender until smooth. Sauce will be very runny at this point.
- Heat a non-stick or cast iron skillet on medium high heat. When pan is hot add olive oil and pan fry the tofu for about 10 minutes until evenly browned, turning with a spatula every so often.
- At this point pour sauce over tofu and stir until it thickens, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Chop scallions and add to tofu. Serve hot over sticky rice. You can also add sesame seeds with the scallions. Leftovers will keep in airtight container refrigerated for up to 1 week. Reheat to serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes