- 2 cups cooked bulgar wheat, cooked according to package, cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup chopped onion, 1/2" pieces
- 1 cup quartered porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1 cup cubed golden beets, 1/2" pieces
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Maple Dijon Dressing
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Coat beets, onions, and mushrooms in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast beets, onions and mushrooms at 425˚F for about 15-20 minutes until beets are fork tender fork tender and onions are caramelized.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350˚F. Toast seeds on a baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a mason jar, seal tightly with lid and shake vigorously until everything is combined and emulsified. Wrap jar in a towel before shaking as a precaution.
- Place cooked and cooled bulgar wheat in a salad bowl. Top with cooked veggies, halved grapes, toasted seeds and chopped herbs. Pour dressing over salad and toss. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper to taste if wanted.
- Serve at room temperature or chill in refrigerator, covered, until ready to serve. Salad will keep refrigerated in a sealed container for several days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes