Vegan Salted Chocolate Chunk Cranberry Walnut Cookies
Yield 12 cookies
These ooey-gooey vegan salted dark chocolate chunk cookies are loaded with crunchy walnuts and sweet-tart dried cranberries!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/3 cup oil such as canola or olive oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- pinch of flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt in a mixing bowl.
- Stir together maple syrup and oil with a fork in a separate bowl or measuring cup.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chunks, walnuts and cranberries.
- Scoop into 12 even balls spaced evenly on sheet pan. Dip fingertips into water and flatten each cookie dough ball slightly. Then sprinkle flaky sea salt over each cookie.
- Freeze cookies on sheet pan for 10 minutes. Then remove from freezer and bake at 350˚F for about 12-15 minutes until edges are golden brown, but centers are still soft.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack with a spatula and cool to room temperature. Then store them in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Recipe can be doubled, tripled or quadrupled.
- Try adding 1/4 cup flaked coconut for more deliciousness.
- Walnuts can be swapped for other nuts.
Recipe by Fare Isle at https://fareisle.com/vegan-chocolate-chunk-cranberry-walnut-cookies/