Vegan Rhubarb Curd
Crisp tart spring rhubarb get transformed into a silky smooth lip puckering curd to use in tarts, pies, bars, cakes, you name it!
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped into 1/2” pieces
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon freeze-dried strawberry powder, optional (adds color)
- Add chopped rhubarb, sugar and lemon juice to a sauce pan and heat to a rolling simmering, stirring to dissolve sugar. Then cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour rhubarb mix into a blender and add the coconut milk, arrowroot powder, vanilla extract and freeze-dried strawberry powder. Blend on high until silky smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Return mixture to saucepan and heat on medium stirring constantly until it thickens to the point where it sticks to the back of a spoon, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour curd into a heat safe jar and let it cool to room temperature then store covered in the refrigerator. Curd will continue to set as is cools. Keep refrigerated for up to 4 days.
Recipe by Fare Isle at https://fareisle.com/vegan-aquafaba-meringue-and-rhubarb-curd-cake/