Thank you Tommy's Superfoods for sponsoring this post!
I'm excited to announce that I've partnered with a great health-conscience, eco-minded and vegan-friendly brand, Tommy's Superfoods, to bring you some quick and easy vegan meal ideas featuring their ready-to-eat frozen seasoned veggie blends. Their delicious veggie blends are made with just a few simple ingredients: the freshest veggies and whole grains seasoned with herbs, spices and olive oil, and always WITHOUT artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
Tommy's selects the freshest certified non-GMO veggies and grains at their most nutritious state, then does all the prep and seasoning so you don't have to, before flash freezing them within 8 hours of harvesting. This ensures the veggies and grains retain their nutritional value with a freezer life of up to 2 years. This longer freezer life not only gives convenience to a plant-based diet but also (bonus!) means a reduction in food waste.
Tommy's has 12 varieties of yummy veggie blends so you have options when you need them. Like when I get hangry for example (you do NOT want to be around me when I'm hungry FYI), I can just heat some yummy veggies and grains up in a skillet (or microwave if that's your thing) and be completely satisfied with them on their own (and banish hangry Kait). Or when I forgot to make dinner (true story) I can throw some sweet potatoes in the oven and stuff them with Tommy's Seasoned Asparagus & Kale for a a quick but HEALTHY meal for my family. Or heat up some tortillas and quick-bake some tofu, add Tommy's Seasoned Fiesta Quinoa with salsa and/or guac, and be Taco Tuesday ready in a flash. On their own, combined or in addition to a meal, Tommy's veggie blends simply make life easier without sacrificing taste and nutrition.
Want to learn more about Tommy's? Hop over to their website to read about how they got started, check out their 12 varieties of veggie blends and find tons more quick and easy recipe ideas!
Scroll down for 2 recipes I created featuring Tommy's veggie blends: Easy Vegan Fiesta Quinoa Tacos and Asparagus and Kale Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. And stay tuned for more healthy, family-friendly recipe ideas made with their delicious veggies!
recipes after the jump...
Easy Vegan Fiesta Quinoa Tacos
- 1 bag of Tommy's Superfoods Fiesta Quinoa
- 4 corn tortillas
- ½ cup of fresh or jarred salsa
- 8 oz of pressed firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of reduced sodium tamari
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce optional
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- pickled jalpeños optional
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a small baking tray with tin foil. Slice pressed tofu into 8 slices and arrange on tin foil in 1 layer. Add olive oil, tamari, maple syrup, hot sauce and paprika to a small bowl and whisk together with a fork. Pour sauce over tofu and bake for about 10 minutes until sauce bubbles and tofu starts to brown a bit. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat the Fiesta Quinoa as directed on the package.
- Heat tortillas in a dry skillet for about 30 seconds per side.
- To assemble tacos, divide the Fiesta Quinoa among each tortilla, then add 2 slices of baked tofu to each, and top with salsa and pickled jalapeños or any other toppings of your choice such as avocado slices or guacamole.
Easy Vegan Asparagus and Kale Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 bag of Tommy's Superfoods Seasoned Asparagus & Kale
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- ¼ cup avocado aioli optional - see notes
- 1 tablespoon hulled hemp seeds optional
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork or knife in several spots. Place sweet potatoes on a double layer of tinfoil and fold up edges around potatoes.
- Bake until fork tender, about 40 minutes
- Heat up Tommy's Asparagus & Kale blend as directed on package.
- Split potatoes with a knife and fluff up insides with a fork. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Load potatoes up with heated Asparagus & Kale. Optionally top with avocado aioli and hemp seeds or any other add-ons of your choice.
This post was in collaboration with and sponsored by Tommy's Superfoods. All content and opinions expressed here are my own. Read more about my sponsored post and affiliate policy here.
Prop Love: Small plates, pink bowl and brass spoon by Facture Goods. Linen towel by Grain Handmade. Small bowl by Lee Wolfe Pottery. Walnut board by Peg and Awl.