This easy salsa is a smoky spicy condiment to serve with plantain empanadas and a myriad of other dishes.
- 1lb fresh tomatoes, skin on, cut to about plum tomato size if large
- 1/2 red onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, stem on
- 6–12 Rio Luna Organics Nacho Sliced Jalapeños
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Broil tomatoes on a foil lined sheet pan skin side up until skin is blackened.
Pulse tomatoes and the rest of ingredients in a food processor until desired texture is reached.
Transfer salsa to a serving bowl.
- Store salsa in a sealed container and refrigerate. Use within 1 week.