Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 batch of sourdough enriched dough (from the sourdough hot cross bun recipe)
- 1 heaping cup of dried fruits-chopped if large-I used raisins, currants and dates
- 1 cup chopped nuts such as pecans or walnuts
- 1-1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Follow the hot cross bun recipe through the bulk fermentation stage. Press out dough with your hands on a floured surface into a 16" x 8" rectangle. Brush dough with maple syrup and olive oil. Sprinkle cinnamon, dried fruit and nuts evenly over dough. Working from the longer edge, roll up dough into a log. Slice dough into eight 2" wide buns.
- Line a cake pan with parchment paper coming up the sides. Arrange buns in the cake pan.
- Cover with a damp tea towel or cling-fill and proof for about 1 hour at room temp or overnight in the fridge (allow them to come to room temp before baking). They should swell up and touch each other.
- While buns proof preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Bake for 20-25 minutes until they have puffed up and are golden browned. Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
- Brush tops with a mixture of maple syrup and splash of orange juice and sprinkle tops with desiccated coconut flakes.
Recipe by Fare Isle at https://fareisle.com/our-vegan-easter-feast-with-recipes/