Ode to Caesar
Any real Caesar fans out there, please let me know if this dressing can compare. But, I think you'll like either way!
Roasted Spiced Chickpeas
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and drained chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon house seasoning (I'll have our blend in the shop soon)
- 1/2 cup extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rocket cider/fire cider or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard (I use our own but Dijon works well)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon packed parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 head of lettuce (I used red leaf)
- 1 cup of sliced cucumber
- 1 avocado sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- optional: hemp seeds and chive blossoms (wish I had remembered these!)
Prepare Roasted Chickpeas:
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Spread chickpeas on a baking sheet and toss with oil and seasonings.
- Bake for 15 minutes. They will still be tender inside. Bake longer (20-25 minutes total) if you want them crunchy.
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Blend all ingredients on high speed until emulsified, smooth and creamy.
- Toss salad fixings, roasted chickpeas and dressing (to your taste) all together in a large bowl.
- Serve immediately. Keep extra dressing in the fridge for spreading on sandwiches, avocado toast or a smaller salad. Enjoy!
Please tag you fare isle creations with #fareislerecipe on Instagram so I can see them!
Recipe by Fare Isle at https://fareisle.com/ode-to-caesar-vegan-gluten/