- oil (I used extra-virgin olive oil)
- 3 ripe plaintains (1 plaintain per 1 hungry person or 2 light eaters)
- Heat cast iron skillet on medium heat. Peel plantains and slice on the diagonal into 1/4″ thick slices. When skillet is hot, add enough oil to cover bottom of pan and just come up the sides.
- Carefully add plantains to the hot oil with a fork, oil may splatter so stand back. Lower heat just a bit. Cook plantains until the underside browns and then flip with a fork and cook the other side until browned. About 2-4 minutes on each side, depending on how hot the pan and oil are and how done you prefer them.
- When cooked as desired, remove plantains from the skillet using a fork and transfer them to a paper towel lined plate to drain off excess oil.
Best eaten hot, right away.