Vegan Tofu-Chard Breakfast Taco Filling
- 12-14 oz super firm tofu (pressed)
- 1/2 large vidalia onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp aminos or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon anatto powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon house seasoning
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stack chard leaves one on top of the other and roll up into a tight bundle. Slice through the rolled up chard to create thin strips. Set chard aside from other ingredients for now.
- Slice onion into thin strips. Smash and mince garlic.
- Break up tofu into crumbles and chunks into a bowl. Add other ingredients except for chard and toss together until everything is coated with the seasonings.
- Cook tofu filling in skillet, turning and stirring periodically to keep it from burning. Lower heat a bit if it seems too high.
- Cook for about 5 minutes and when it has started to brown add the chopped chard. Continue stirring until mixture is thoroughly cooked and has nice browned bits. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Recipe by Fare Isle at https://fareisle.com/mothers-day-breakfast-taco-brunch/