- Rinse cranberries if fresh and add them to a saucepan. Cut orange in half and squeeze juice in to saucepan, catching any seeds. Add the squeezed out orange halves to the pan as well.
- Add everything else to pan and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes until a thick jammy consistency is reached.
- Remove from heat and remove orange halves and whole spices.
- Pour cranberry sauce into a clean glass jar and let it cool to room temp. Then cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Will keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Sauce may also be canned in a hot water bath for a shelf life of up to 1 year.
- Recipe may be multiplied for larger batches.