Use homemade lilac syrup to create this refreshing and beautiful spring Lilac Gin Fizz cocktail.
- 4 fl. oz (12 cl) gin
- 2 fl. oz (6 cl) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 fl. oz (3 cl) lilac syrup
- 6 fl. oz (18 cl) carbonated water
- lilac ice cubes
- lilac flowers
- Add the gin, lemon juice and lilac syrup to a pitcher with a handful of ice. Stir everything until combined with a long spoon.
- Pour into 2 cocktail glasses or tumblers and top with ice-cold carbonated water.
- Optionally add lilac ice cubes and lilac flowers to garnish.
- The recipe can be halved to make one serving and made in a cocktail shaker filled with ice instead of a pitcher.
- The recipe can be scaled up to make for a group of people. Add the carbonated water to each glass as you serve it.
- Always be sure to identify any edible flowers and plants correctly before ingesting them. If foraging for lilacs be mindful of where they are located if they could have been sprayed with pesticides or in the path of water runoff from roadways. Also, be mindful to not over-overharvest the plant. You are pruning the plant so only take a few stems from each plant.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: lilac, gin fizz, gin, cocktail, lilac syrup, lilac cordial, lilac cocktail,