Iley's Samurai Salad
Sweet garden peas, paired with sweet tangy peaches, and flavorful fresh garden herbs like basil, cilantro, chervil and fennel, along with fresh crisp garden butter lettuces is a delightful taste of summer. This peach-fennel vinaigrette hits all the right notes- sweet, tangy, herbilicious, etc.
- 1 peach
- 1 tablespoon dijon or whole grain mustard (I used our own-available in the shoppe)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rocket cider (available in the shoppe or use other vinegar of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon white vine vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- few sprigs of fresh fennel fronds
- pinch of fleur del sel sea salt (optional)
- Butter leaf lettuce (1 large head or several small)
- 2-4 peaches (depending on size)
- 1-2 cups fresh shelled peas
- Handful of each: fresh basil leaves, chervil, cilantro, fennel fronds (or whatever you have/like)
- 2 tablespoons hulled raw sesame seeds (or hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, pine nuts, walnuts, etc.)
- Remove pit from peach, leave skin on.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and emulsified.
- Steam shelled peas for 3-5 minutes, use a strainer to run them under cold water to stop them from cooking longer.
- Tear lettuce and herbs by hand and arrange in a serving bowl or platter.
- Slice peaches and arrange over lettuce and herbs. Sprinkle peas over the top of salad. Sprinkle sesame seeds all over salad.
- Dress salad with vinaigrette and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Recipe by Fare Isle at https://fareisle.com/ileys-samurai-salad-or-garden-pea-peach-salad-with-peach-fennel-vinaigrette/