Green Chile Simple Syrup
Yield 3/4 cup
Green chiles add subtle spice and amazing flavor to cocktails when they are infused into simple syrup!
- 1 7oz. can of Rio Luña Organic Large Chopped Green Chiles
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- zest of 1 lime
- Add everything to a saucepan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved and edges just start to bubble.
- Remove from heat, cover allow syrup to steep until cool, about 30 minutes.
- Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a clean jar. Discard chiles and lime zest.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Recipe by Fare Isle at https://fareisle.com/frozen-watermelon-chile-vodka-limeade-cocktail/