A herbal tonic for daily immune system support.
- 4 cups unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh turmeric
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated fresh horseradish
- 1/2 cup chopped garlic
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup halved fresh rosehips
- 1 lemon, chopped
- 1 lime, chopped
- 1 orange or 2 mandarins, chopped
- 1–2 fresh habanero peppers, chopped
- Layer prepared ingredients into a clean 1/2 gallon glass jar then cover them with the apple cider vinegar.
- Cover the jar with a lid and let sit at room temperature out of the sun for 2 weeks.
- Strain liquid into a bowl, pressing the ingredients with the back of a spoon to release as much liquid as possible, and discard everything else.
- Pour the strained liquid into a clean quart jar.
- Optionally sweeten the fire cider to taste with raw honey or maple syrup for a vegan-friendly version.
- Cover the jar with a lid and store at room temperature out of the sun for up to 6 months.
- If you can’t source ingredients you can leave them out or use dried/powdered versions of items.
- Feel free to add other ingredients like other medicinal quality herbs (rosemary, sage, oregano, etc.), different chile peppers, or any other immune-supporting ingredients that you are familiar with.
- Use caution when foraging wild plants and be sure to identify plants/mushrooms correctly before ingesting them.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. The information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.