- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, drained
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 corn tortillas
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garnish: fresh cilantro and lime wedges
Green Chile Sauce:
- To prepare the filling heat a skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil to the hot pan followed by the diced onion, bell pepper, garlic, jalapeño pepper and frozen corn. Stir to sauté and then stir in seasonings: coriander, cumin, salt, dried oregano and paprika. Stir in black beans then lower heat and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- To prepare the green chile sauce first sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil until the onion turns translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the sautéed onion and garlic along with all the ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Ladle about 1/3 of the green chile sauce into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Working with 1 tortilla at a time spread a little of the sauce onto the tortilla then spoon some of the filling into the center and roll the tortilla up. Place the rolled tortillas on top of the sauce in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Pour the rest of the sauce over the top of the tortillas and then add the shredded mozzarella all over the top.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling, about 20 minutes.
- Serve the enchiladas hot from the oven with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 28 minutes